This is a very simple recipe. It tastes great and can be had with sambar and rice or vegetable rice. It is crispy when served hot. But it will taste good even when it is cold. My mom used to make this on Saturdays. It will be gone in a minute. Below is the recipe for cauliflower fry.
- Cauliflower florets – 4 cups
- Chilli powder – 2 tsp (adjust according to taste)
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Corn flour – 1 tbsp + 1 tsp
- Water – few sprinkles
- Oil – for deep frying
- Boil water in a pan and add the cauliflower florets to it.
- Add little salt to it.
- Let the cauliflowers boil for 3 minutes.
- Drain the cauliflowers using a colander.
- When the water completely drains,transfer the florets to a mixing bowl.
- Add chilli powder,salt,turmeric powder and corn flour to it and mix well.
- Sprinkle little water to the mixture and mix well till the spice powders clings on to the cauliflower.
- The mixture should not be watery.
- Heat oil in a pan for deep frying.
- When the oil is hot enough,add the florets to it and fry till the cauliflower turns brown (just a little darker than golden brown).
- Cook on medium heat.If the cauliflowers brown quickly,the insides of the cauliflower will not cook.