- Tapioca( Yuca Root) – 3.22 lb
- Oil – 2 Tbsp
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves – 8
- Dry red chilli – 2
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Slice the root into one inch thick slices.
- Steam cook the root using idli plates or in the microwave for 8 mins (approximately).Cooking time depends on the root.
- Do not overcook the root.It has to be cooked but not too soft.Below is the image of steamed yuca root.
- Peel the skin off the root using your fingers.It will peel off easily.
- Dice the sliced root into small pieces and discard the thin root that passes through the center of the yuca root.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add the mustard seeds to it and wait till it splutters.
- Followed by the red chilli and curry leaves.
- Add the diced yuca root and stir till the oil coats the yuca root.
- Add turmeric powder and salt to taste.
- Stir the root and cook till the turmeric evenly coats the yuca root.
- Cook for two minutes and turn off the stove.
You can also steam and eat the root without the seasonings.