This is my favorite brownie recipe.It is based on Martha Stewart`s tv show.The quality of the chocolate matter.I have tried it with Ghirardelli semi-sweet baking chocolates.They turned out wonderful. Since I couldn`t find these bars in stores, I had to settle with Baker`s semi-sweet baking chocolate bars that made the brownie taste bitter.People who like dark chocolate would like it. So the taste purely depends on the chocolate bar used.You will need ramekins for baking this dessert. 7 Oz ramekins will work perfectly.I have oval shaped ramekins that are big. So I line the ramekins with parchment paper and then pour the batter.This way, the brownie can be removed from the ramekins easily. You can slice they while serving. If you use small sized ramekins, you can pour the batter directly into the ramekins and serve the brownie with the ramekins.
- All purpose flour – 1/2 cup
- Semi- sweet chocolate- 4 oz
- Unsalted Butter – 1 stick ( 8 Tbsps)
- Baking powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – a pinch
- Cocoa powder – 1/2 cup
- Eggs – 4 large eggs at room temperature
- Vanilla Extract – 1 tsp
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Bring a saucepan of water to a boil. Break the chocolate into small pieces and cut the butter into small cubes.
- Mix them in a small pan and place the pan in the hot water. Keep whisking the butter and chocolate till they melt ( almost completely).
- Let the chocolate mixture cool down.
- Sift together all the dry ingredients twice .Except the sugar.
- In a large mixing bowl,beat eggs and vanilla together until foamy and light.
- Add sugar to it and beat till the mixture turns fluffy.
- Stir in the chocolate mixture and mix.
- Fold in the dry ingredients and mix till the ingredients get together without any lumps.
- Pour the mixture into the ramekins ,filling each nearly to the rim.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Place these ramekins in a baking pan filled with water.The water in the pan should be half the height of the ramekins.
- Baking time differs according to the ramekins used.
- Bigger ramekins takes more than an hour to bake.
- Bake till the brownie rises above the rim and cracks are formed on the top.
- The brownie will be hard to touch on the top. ( Do not worry, they will be extremely dense and soft inside)
- Remove the ramekins from the baking pan and let them cool down before serving.
- Serve them warm.
While baking,it is always necessary to follow the exact method and measures .
You can microwave the brownie before serving, if they turn cold.
Once you start baking…….you will never stop.