This was one of my first experiments in cooking. I used pasta shells.Even my parents liked this dish. You can use any type of pasta(rotini,linguine ,angel hair pasta,macaroni….) for this recipe.The taste will differ according to the pasta.
- Rotini – 6 cups
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Cinnamon -1″
- Cloves – 4
- Curry leaves – 9
- Green chillies(chopped) – 1 medium
- Ginger – 1 Tbsp (finely chopped)
- Turmeric powder – less than 1/4 tsp
- Tomatoes – 2 cups ( grind it to a very fine paste)
- Cilantro – 4 strands
- Cook the rotini as mentioned on the box.
- Drain the rotini in a colander.
- Spray some oil on the rotini to prevent them from sticking together.Mix them.
- In a sauce pan,heat oil.Add mustard seeds and wait till they splutter.
- Add the cinnamon,cloves,curry leaves and chopped green chillies to it.
- Cook for 30 seconds and add the ginger pieces.
- Cook for a minute and add the turmeric powder and tomato paste.
- Add salt.
- Cook till the tomato changes colour.
- Add the rotini and cook on low flame for 4 mins,stirring in between.
- Turn off the stove and garnish with corrinader leaves.