This recipe can be done with left over king fish (Vanjaram).The recipe for King fish fry can be found here.
- Fish – 1 cup + 1/2 cup (shredded into small pieces using hand.Remove the thorns and skin)
- Oil – 9 Tsps
- Mustard seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Onions – 1 cup + 1/3 cup (chopped)
- Turmeric powder – less than 1/4 tsp
- Curry leaves – 6
- Salt – very less because the fish contains salt.
- Pepper powder – 1/4 tsp or more
- Cilantro – for garnishing.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds. After the mustard splutters, add the cumin seeds followed by the onions,curry leaves and turmeric powder.
- Wait till the onions turn golden brown.
- Add the shredded fish and cook for 5 mins on medium flame.
- Stirring occasionally .
- Finally add very little salt if necessary and some pepper powder.
- Turn off the stove and granish with chopped cilantro leaves.