- Shrimp – 25 jumbo shrimps
- Oil – 3 Tbsps
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Curry leaves – 12 leaves or less
- Onions – 1/2 an onion (chopped)
- Turmeric powder – less than 1/4 Tsp
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 1/2 Tbsps
- Chilli powder – 1 Tbsp (according to your taste)
- Hing – half of 1/4 tsp
- Pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – as required
Cleaning the shrimp:
- Clean the shrimp by removing its head and tail. The black vein of the shrimp has to be removed.
- Wash the shrimps with water 3 times.Drain the water.
- Add turmeric powder to the shrimps and let them sit till the masala cooks.
- Heat oil in a pan.Add mustard seeds and wait till it splutters.
- Add the curry leaves,onions and turmeric powder.When the onions turn golden brown,add the ginger garlic paste and saute for a minute.Wash the shrimps again before cooking.
- Add the shrimps and cook for few minutes( overcooking the shrimp will roughen then).Add the chilli powder,hing and salt to the shrimp.Cook for 2 mins.
- Turn off the stove and add pepper powder to it.
Prawns(Shrimp) which are small in size tastes really good.On the other hand,jumbo shrimps are more fleshy and juicier.