Any type of fish can be used to prepare this dish.I have used King fish (Vanjaram in Tamil) .And its our favorite .
- King fish (Vanjaram) steak cut – 8 slices
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Chilli powder – 2 Tbsps
- Water – 3 1/2 Tbsps
- Oil for deep frying or Olive oil spray for baking
- Clean fish with lots of salt and wash them in water.
- Add turmeric powder to the fish and wash them again.
- Make a paste of chilli powder, salt,turmeric powder ( less than 1/4 tsp) and water.
- The paste should not be too watery.
- Heat oil for deep frying.Coat the fish with the chilli paste and deep fry the fish.
- You can bake the fish in a preheated oven at 350 F.
- Place the fish in a baking tray covered with aluminum foil and coated with olive oil.
- Spray some olive oil on the fishes.Place the tray in the middle rack and cook for 13 minutes.
- Flip the fish over and spray some olive oil and cook for 8 minutes.
- Turn the broil option ‘on’ and leave the oven door slightly open to prevent the fire alarms from beeping.
- Let the fish cook for 4 minutes. Flip the fish over and cook for 2 minutes making sure that the oven door is open.
Baking is a healthy way to eat fish. If you have an oven,you must try it out. I bet,you won`t go back to the old method of deep frying the fish.